I hear it so often - "I know I should be blogging, but I really don't know what to say!" I get it, blogging can feel so intimidating. Where do you even start? You might feel like you're not a good writer, or like you're just not interesting enough. Want me to let you in on a secret? I used to think the exact same thing! And then one day, I just started to write for fun. I took the pressure off myself, and began to share what was going on in my head. Slowly but surely, my confidence grew, and blogging is now just another part of my life... and the craziest part? I love it!
Blogging can have a huge impact on your wedding business! People buy into businesses that they know, like and trust. Whether you’re a photographer, cake maker, wedding dress designer, florist, or wedding planner, blogging is a sure way a great way for your clients to get to know you better (and then book you as a result!).
To take the difficulty out of blogging for you, I've build a list of 50 blog post ideas specifically for wedding industry professionals. It's packed with ideas, and a lot of them can become series, so even though there are only 50 ideas here, you'll find that some of them can be transformed into more than one post! And I'm not just leaving you alone with that. Following your initial sign up, you'll receive 3 further emails where I go into plenty of detail all about how to promote your blog, how often you should actually be blogging, and how best to integrate photography into your blog!
1. Why you became a __________ (Photographer, Florist, Cake Maker)
2. What you love the most about the wedding industry
3. The favourite ______ (wedding cake, bouquet, dress) you’ve ever created or worked on.
4. Your favourite wedding venue in your local area. 5. 10 things you’ve learnt since becoming a _______ (Photographer, venue owner, wedding planner)
6. A “Get To Know Me” post. Tell your followers about you in more detail!
7. Showcase a recent event/wedding you worked on. Go into detail about the day and how you went about your job.
8. Go into loads of detail about how you did/created something
9. Tell the story about what you wanted to be when you were a child.
10. 10 tips on how to best get prepared for a wedding day
11. Show off your home office 2
12. 10 things you wish you had known 10 years ago
13. 5 people you inspire you, and why This could be a series!
14. Your favourite podcasts to listen to This could be a series!
15. Your favourite Youtube channels This could be a series!
16. Your favourite blogs This could be a series!
17. Your favourite Instagram Accounts! This could be a series!
18. If you could sit down and have dinner with anyone, dead or alive, who would they be?
19. What do you get up to when you’re not working?
20. Tell your followers about your goals for the next five years.
21. Do a yearly recap
22. Talk about what you love to do in your local area, and why
23. Create a bucket list and share it with your followers
24. A series of “How To” posts ie. How To Style an Up-Do, How To Put Icing On A Cake, How To Decorate A Table. This Could Be a Series!
25. Your dream travel list
26. What do you do to stay organised?
27. What are you reading at the moment? This could be a series!
28. Top 10 list of favourite books.
29. What you wear to a wedding and why.
30. Host a giveaway! Share it on Facebook and Instagram
31. Do a “one year on” post after a wedding and catch up with a previous client.
32. Tell people what makes you different to others in your industry.
33. 10 things people might not know about you
34. What you love most about your job
35. Tell your followers about your branding. Why did you choose your logo? What do your brand colours stand for?
36. Interview another creative in your industry This could be a series!
37. Tell everyone about the brand new skill you’ve recently acquired.
38. Do a Q&A. Ask your followers to send you questions, and answer them in a post.
39. Talk about how you got to where you are today.
40. Ask someone else in your industry to write a guest post for you. This could be a series!
41. Talk about your “why.” What do you do what you do?
42. Discuss something you tried which didn’t work, and discuss why + what you learnt from it.
43. Create a blog post full of links to other content which you think will be of value to them. This could be a series!
44. Tell your readers about your essential kit, and why you love/need it.
45. Write an enormous list post! Ie. 50+ Cake Ideas for your wedding day. 50+ Make Up looks for your wedding day. 50+ song choices for your first dance.
46. Tell a funny story about an experience on a job.
47. Discuss someone who truly inspires you, and why
48. Discuss a topic you think your readers will be able to relate to, and share your feelings about it/ask for advice
49. Discuss a styled shoot you worked on, and why you got involved
50. Feature your couples - tell their unique story. This could be a series!
I really hope this helps you see that blogging doesn't need to be hard, and gives you a couple of ideas to get the ball rolling. Take your time with it, sit down for one morning and pick the 4 ideas that excite you the most, write out 4 posts, schedule them for the following four weeks... and before you know it, you'll be blogging!
Let me know how you get on by tagging me in your Instagram posts @oliviabossert, or send me an email to email@example.com so that I can read you posts :)